Families who are interested in becoming members should contact our Membership Coordinator by phone (773) 358-4100 or e-mail to obtain eligibility requirements and copies of enrollment forms. Or, you may download the following application forms to print:
Completed enrollment forms should be submitted to:
The Gary Comer Youth Center
7200 S. Ingleside Avenue
Chicago, IL 60619
Members will receive information detailing dates for orientation and program registration. Youth will receive their membership card and other center-related items at orientation. All members must abide by and sign the Code of Conduct that will be reviewed during orientation. Lost or stolen membership cards will be replaced for a $5.00 fee.
Youth memberships include: access to all programs and services, individual academic coach (grades 3-8), teen employment opportunities, high school and college admissions counseling, free daily snack, free dinner (school year), free lunch (summer), summer camp eligibility, special events entry and admittance to Access Wellness Center (includes triage and nursing services and social emotional support services).
All current Youth Center members may enroll in their programs of choice on a quarterly basis. Please make sure to update your membership to ensure enrollment eligibility.
- Please review catalog for program descriptions.
- Select programs and complete the age-appropriate class request form.
- Submit program request forms in person to the Program Coordinator at the Youth Center or via e-mail.
- Incomplete program request forms will delay processing.
2014 Academic and Enrichment Summer Camp
Learning never seemed so fun. GCYC’s 2014 Summer Camp is a one-stop-shop. Engaging academics, enrichment programs that are tons of fun, field trips, meal service, end of camp extravaganza and early drop-off/late pickup option at a phenomenal price. Register today. Space is limited. Your registration is not complete until payment has been received. Please bring your full payment to the Youth Center.
- Camp Dates: June 23 – August 1, 2014
- 9am to 5pm Daily
- $225 for current members with 50 or more attendance days
- $300 for current members with 49 or less attendance days
- $350 for new members
- $50 additional fee for 7:30am early drop-off/6:00pm late pick-up
- Breakfast snack, lunch and a late snack provided daily
- Weekly Field Trips
- For more information, please contact Monique Turner via e-mail or phone 773.358.4100
To Register for Summer Camp
Please select appropriate form for age group. The deadline for registration is May 23, or until all slots are filled.
UPLIFT: Adult Membership
The UPLIFT program offers classes, workshops and activities specifically designed for parents and adults that impact the lives of our youth. Adult members may attend UPLIFT activities (both free and fee-oriented). Please refer to Events for upcoming listings. For more information about adult membership and class registration, please contact us via e-mail.
Please contact us with your questions.